Relieve Knee Problems with Far Infrared Therapy
Knee problems which may be alleviated by Far Infared Therapy include:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Injury to the cartilage (meniscus), ligaments, tendons, muscles
Joint Problems e.g. Osteoarthritis
All joints are lined with cartilage which covers the ends of the bones and enables smooth movement. Joint pain is the sensation of discomfort, inflammation, soreness, achiness, or stiffness in a joint or joints of the body.
The main symptoms of osteoarthritis are:
- pain (particularly when you’re moving your knee or at the end of the day)
- stiffness (especially after rest – this usually eases after a minute or so as you get moving)
- crepitus, a creaking, crunching, grinding sensation when you move the joint
- hard swellings (caused by osteophytes)
- soft swellings (caused by extra fluid in the joint)
Other symptoms can include:
- your knee giving way because your muscles have become weak or the joint structure is less stable
- your knee not moving as freely or as far as normal
- your knees becoming bent and bowed
- the muscles around your joint looking thin or wasted
It’s unusual, but some people have pain in their knee that wakes them up at night. This generally only happens with severe osteoarthritis.
You’ll probably find that your pain will vary and that you have good days and bad days, sometimes depending on how active you’ve been but sometimes for no obvious reason.
Some people find that changes in the weather (especially damp weather and low pressure) make their pain and stiffness worse. This may be because nerve fibres in the capsule of their knee are sensitive to changes in atmospheric pressure.
ARC INFO EDIT
Doctors, with years of research and medical practice, have found that far infrared light can improve microcirculations and heal injuries (such as a pulled muscle) (Refer to Alternative Medicine, pg 670). In particular, it can:
- Relieve pain caused by arthritis, joint and muscle discomfort.
- Reduce inflammation and swelling, promote regeneration and wound healing.
- Improve blood circulation, stabilize blood pressure.
- Relax muscles and stop/prevent spasm and many other benefits.
You can read more on the benefits of far infrared from medical journals like Alternative medicine, Arthritis Today, and from our web site and the general Internet.
Our Far Infrared Joint supports, such as knee, elbow, ankle and wrist support, are manufactured with the patented Thermo Panel made of 100% Chitosan and far infrared fibers that emits far infrared rays when stimulated by the bodies heat, they have been shown to help alleviate joint pains and are used by thousands of knee pain sufferers worldwide.